Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's 2.51 a.m and I have not sleep yet. It is not that I am not sleepy but I just dont want to lie down yet.
So, yesterday was, and still is, not my birthday. Someone had change my facebook profile and set October 1 as my birthday. My fb wall was flooded with all the wishes from some of my friends that apparently did not know my real birthday. Lol. It is not important for them to remember my birthday at the first place. Okay, some of them actually know and they did posted about it on my wall. So, now I know that some people do remember my birthday. Wee~
Worst of all, my friends did throw a birthday song while we were having our dinner earlier. We were waiting for all the food to be served first before we start eating. It was a little bit weird since we usually don't wait for everyone to get his meal first before eating. Paan and Hazim arrived a little bit late, so we did not wait for them. Suddenly, Terence started singing a happy-birthday song. I was blur at that time and I tried to recall if it was someone's birthday. I only realized about it when everyone was smiling and grinning at me. Seriously, it was a very funny moment. They did know that it was only a prank but still they want to celebrate it. LOL.

I actually wanna write about one of my favorite quote by Fyodor Dostoevsky, a famous writer. It was quoted in the talk given by Sam Richard which I posted in the post earlier.
While nothing is easier than to denounce the evildoer, 
nothing is more difficult than to understand him.
 Changing the context of the evildoer to a more applicable situation, I would like to say that it is always easy to denounce the action of others. Yes, I do agree that, to some extent, we need to disagree with others' actions. I do have my own opinions on others' action and I usually disagree with people's opinions. I also have the tendency to argue with others even on a small matter. However, I try to understand people. Why they do things that we think are not appropriate? Why they do things that they themselves know are not appropriate?
Understanding and accepting is two different things. To understand is to know their intentions, their feelings, their insecurities, their perceptions and their emotions. Even if we cannot do fully do it, we should try to do so before saying anything. Know that judgments do hurt others' feelings.


In the end, we are just clueless about others. Even sometimes, we do not know why we do things that we have done. To accept their action is another thing. If it is against the law or against Islam, we clearly cannot accept it. Understanding is important so that we did not mock and judge others for their actions.

1 comment:

Akulah Aqilah Itu said...

Epic hackery that one. Haha. =P