Sunday, November 21, 2010

I am looking for good colleges that I should try. I admit that I'm no good in this. I have no idea about US's education system or for that matter, America itself. Ok. A little bit exaggeration there. I have some ideas but they are just far from sufficient for me. Now, I am trapped between rankings, allowances, people's suggestions and many more factors. Rankings are important. People do judge from which university I am. But, will I ever be admitted into those high ranking schools, far from surviving them. My friend says that if I am ever to continue my study abroad, I should choose the best school.
Which one is the most important factor?
1. world ranking
2. allowances
3. admission requirement i.e essay and stuffs
4. school size. I heard that it is harder to survive in XL-sized school
5. any other factors?


Dont judge me about the allowance thingy. Maybe i am being a little bit materialistic here. hehehe

3 comments:

Yusri said...

world ranking is not even a factor.
u should consider the ppl that graduate from those schools
ask them what the system is about
whether it's hands-on, or more theoretical. is it fun, or serious. at the end of the day, a good college is subjective, u need to find a college that suits YOU. =D

Muhammad Afiq Kamarudin said...

lastly, i've been waiting for that advice. To find a good college for me.not for others

rahmanahmad said...

1.living cost
2.okayy, thats it.haha

*go find student forums in the net, read about the universities there.it enlightens a hell lot than the colleges websites.

youll need universities thats appealing enough for you to stay fr 4 years.

note that universities there are very autonomous, teaching methodology and materials can vary extremely.

goodluck qlate, ure the best:)