Saturday, March 9, 2013

Why hesitate?

What were the words of our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) when he was resting under a tree after being abused physically and mentally by the people of Taif?
"O God, unto Thee that I complain of my weaknesses, of my helplessness, of my lowliness before me. O Most Merciful of the merciful, Thou are the lord of the weak. And Thou are my Lord. Into whose hand will Thou entrust me? Unto some far-off stranger who will ill-treat me? Or unto a foe Thou hast empowered against me? I care not, so Thou be no wrath of me. But Thy favoring help-that were for me the broader way and the wider scope! I take refuge in the Light of Thy Countenance whereby all darkness are illuminated and the things of this world and the next are rightly ordered, lest Thou make descend Thine anger upon me, or lest Thy wrath beset me. Yes it is Thine to reproach until Thou are well pleased. There is no power and no might except through Thee."
Excerpt from Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources by Martin Lings

Now, those were the words of a person who were most blessed by Allah swt when his intention was to bring back people to the right path. The path that is blessed by Allah. Think, for whom was he (pbuh) working for? Allah swt. To whom he (pbuh) was bringing his people to? Allah swt. To whom did he asked helped from when people abused him? Allah swt. Who gave him (pbuh) the hard time? Allah swt!

Let take a step back and imagined that someone hit your face and told you to be patient. Someone stole your car and told you that not everything you owned will be your forever. Would you be angry with that person? Of course you would. You would not even think to ask his or her help. Well, it does not work that way when it comes to the relationship between you and Allah. It is true that He bestowed upon us all the calamity, tests, tribulations, illness, weakness, etc etc. But it is also true that he bestowed upon us his guidance, blessings, love, wealth, health, food, our fingers, our parents, our wife or husband. His blessings are far more than enough to offset all the calamities that we have.

Now, imagine that somebody asked you $1000 and he will give you $10000. But, that $1000 that he asked for is the money you earned after your hard-time dealing with your customer. Well, all the economic professor that I learned with would tell me that it is completely reasonable to give up that $1000 and take the $10000. Actually you don't need a professor to tell you that. Even an random guy sitting next to you in a bus, who will not even gain a cent from your money, will tell you to give up that $1000 and take the $10000 offered to you.

Wait, how about if we increase the leverage? How about if someone you know you can trust ask you $100 that he once gave you and he will return you $1000000000 in return? Heck, he would allow you to add as many zeros as possible. Just give him that $100. Of course you will give him your $100. Even if he actually beats you down and snatches that $100 roughly from your pocket. You would not feel that it is unfair.

Then

No comments: