Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Friends

Assalamualaikum to my dear brothers and sisters in Islam
Peace and blessings be upon our prophet Muhammad ibni Abdullah

Once, during my holiday, I read Batu Bata Kehidupan by Hilal Asyraf
In one of his post, he wrote about a question, a question about couples and relationship.
His answer stays in my mind till this very second.
To avoid our friends from involving in boy-girl relationships, we should be the ones who develop good relationships with them. We are the ones who should be responsible in filling the empty space in their hearts. We should be the ones who fill their lives with love and friendship.
Then, there is no other to be blamed except for our own selves who fail our friends.

That is exactly my feelings right now.
I have been thinking a lot about the free-mixing of boys and girls around me.
And each time I see them, I know I am the one should be blamed for not being a good friend for them.
A friend that can fill in the empty space inside their hearts.
And it is not only about couples.
Even seeing boys and girls being friends with each other without paying much attention about the do`s and dont`s in islamic terms also makes me think that I am failing.

I am not being apologetic here. This is just a feeling that I would like to share here.

No comments: