Sunday, May 1, 2011

Looking back at my past, I feel bad. I tried, or I thought so, to maintain the relationships between me and my friends. I think I failed. I have not catch up with lots of my friends. I do not know many details about them. Where are they studying? What are they studying? I feel so bad. I have once listen to a talk that we did not choose our friends. Most of us befriend with each others because we are stuck with them. We are working at the same place; we are studying at the same place; we are doing the same thing. It is because we have a common ground. Once we lost the common ground, once we choose our own path, it will never be the same again. I do not want to believe him. I honor a friendship so much that I don't want to accept his belief. But then, I began to feel that it is the reality.
When we are moving on, we may feel bounded to our memory. We always think that we want to be with those people from our past. Then, we start to make new friends. We have new faces on our Facebook. We start to comment on their statuses. We know what are happening to them. We may want to do the same with our so-called old friends. But we have no idea about what they are talking about. They are laughing but we are not around them. So, we don't understand the humors. We started to look less at their status and everything. And the rest is clear enough already.
Or maybe even worse, Facebook start to make a friendship easier. "Ouh, I haven't catch up with him  for a long time." We scroll down his or her wall, looking for the posts made by him or her and others. We look at their photos. "So, now he has a girlfriend." " Ouh, she has had a vacation to Kelantan. I wasn't there at that time. Too bad." We know a little bit of his or her current life. So, why bother to meet or even to call for a catch up?
Or, this maybe happened too. We thought that they are happy with their lives now. So, it is okay for us to keep a distance.
I don't say that all of these are happening to me. Nor am I denying that some of these are related to me. My friend, shahir yasin posted on my wall last friday. "ko dah lame x tego aku kan." I felt so bad. Yeah. It is true. I have not talk to him for a very long time. My bad.
I will try much harder to bring all those memories back. We may not see each others much. In fact, we did not see each other at all. But, I will try to catch up with all of you.

5 comments:

Akulah Aqilah Itu said...

sometimes, things are better left alone as awkward as it is. =)
Friends come and go. itu nature.

Muhammad Afiq Kamarudin said...

It is a nature.yes. but, I don't want to use it as a reason for me being unable to keep in touch with them regularly

Akulah Aqilah Itu said...

Bukan reason, tapi alasan. =P Huhuhu~

Muhammad Afiq Kamarudin said...

ok..forgive my vocabulary
excuses

Anonymous said...

touching shial~~